The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of the others from my Google Drive archive.
Episode 58: Sales as an Act of Service – Susan MacConnell
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/15251570/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Susan_MacConnell.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”15251570″ /]
Sales as an act of service and problem solving. That’s what Susan MacConnell of Smarketing Connect, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Co-Founder, Smarketing Connect
Susan is a co-founder of Diversified Sales Solutions and Smarketing CONNECT.
Her specific niche is teaching and training on the power of networking and referral-based selling. Susan will implement or train to produce an online exposure strategy for small business owners and their employees to jump-start the growth of their digital personal presence to attract new clients, connect with customers and increase sales.
She has developed and conducted LinkedIn profile/prospecting programs for small companies and startups. Most recently, Susan helped launch Smarketing CONNECT to address small businesses’ need for sales and marketing giving them access to expert sales and marketing professionals.
Susan has a passion for connecting people and giving referrals.
On this episode Stacey and Susan talk about…
- What Susan wanted to be growing up and how that plays out today (2:55)
- Her transition from selling to consulting and teaching (8:15)
- How to start a cold sales conversation (yes, it’s possible!) (11:30)
- Importance of believing in what you’re selling (14:45)
- The shift from face-to-face prospecting to LinkedIn prospecting (18:50)
- How sales and prospecting has changed due to the pandemic (24:00)
- Biggest challenges in her sales career and learning to manage energy (28:00)
- 2 common myths about sales (30:30)
- The importance of relationship building more than ever (35:00)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.