The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of the others from my Google Drive archive.
Episode 61: Be a Start Up Superstar with Steve Kahan
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/15526988/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Steve_Kahan_.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”15526988″ /]
Ignite your career by being a startup superstar. That’s what Steve Kahan startup advocate and author of Be a Startup Superstar, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Author, Be a Startup Superstar
Be a Startup Superstar
Steven Kahan has successfully helped to grow six start-up companies from early-stage development to going public or being sold, resulting in more than $3 billion in shareholder value. He is currently CMO at Thycotic, which will become the seventh.
Steve inspires teams and their organizations to take on the impossible and succeed. He has just written a book published by Wiley and Audible and available on Amazon.com called Be a Startup Superstar. The book teaches those graduating college and young professionals how to earn a great living doing what they love by igniting their career at a tech startup.
On this episode Stacey and Steve talk about…
- What Steve wanted to be growing up and how that plays out in his work today (1:40)
- Making the move from big company to startup (6:00)
- 2 mistakes to avoid when making the move to a startup (10:00)
- The book and how to become a startup superstar (18:10)
- How the pandemic has changed the startup world (23:00)
- Importance of people, teams, values and finding the right fit (25:30)
- Challenges and joys of writing the book (31:50)
- Startup recruitment and when it’s time to move on (38:30)
- Steve’s final thoughts on how to become a startup superstar (47:34)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.