The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of my others from my DropBox archive.
Episode 53: Verbal Branding & Simplicity with Stephen Melanson
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/14546273/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Stephen_Melanson.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”14546273″ /]
Verbal branding and simplicity in business. That’s what Stephan Melanson, founder of Melanson Consulting, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Founder, Melanson Consulting
Stephen Melanson is the President of Melanson Consulting, which was founded in 2004.
He is a leadership consultant, speaker, Verbal Branding expert, and – as featured on Forbes.com – originator of the only ‘Differentiation and Business Simplicity’ platform of its kind worldwide.
Stephen helps businesses grow faster, unify people, and simplify their strategy. He is a service provider and educational partner for individuals and small through Fortune 100 firms.
On this episode Stacey and Stephen talk about…
- Intro from Stacey
- What Stephen wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today (3:18)
- How Stephen shifted from pro tennis player to verbal branding expert (6:25)
- What is verbal branding and why it’s important for business (7:37)
- Challenges to verbal branding and differentiating yourself (11:30)
- Simplicity as a business model and what that means (19:30)
- Examples and criteria of verbal branding (22:30)
- On being a communicator and practicing what you preach (30:45)
- Stephen’s final thoughts and insights on how to make your verbal brand simple (36:00)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.