The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of the others from my Google Drive archive.
Episode 90 – Creative Entrepreneurship with Kim Miles
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/20081405/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Kim_Miles_-_Final.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”20081405″ /]
Every single I’ve done worth doing in life is because I said yes and figured it out after the fact. – Kim Miles
Meet Kim Miles, Event Strategist
What do you call a successful businesswoman with a vibrant financial advisory practice, 25+ years of sales experience, a performance background, and serious shoe habit? Kim Miles!
A highly sought-after emcee, panel moderator, creative collaborator and event strategist, Kim partners with her clients to deliver critical messaging to their key audiences in fresh, entertaining ways through her company, Miles in Heels Productions.
Kim is widely known as a powerhouse problem solver, kick-a** content creator, and hilarious humorist. When not working, Kim’s been known to take off her signature heels only to hit the links…that is when she’s not singing with her band!
Be sure to check out all things Miles in Heels at: www.milesinheels.com
And get social with Kim at:
Facebook: Miles in Heels Productions
LinkedIn: Miles in Heels Productions
“There is a difference between bragging and proudly promoting yourself.” – Kim Miles
- What Kim Wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out today. (2:44)
- From wanting to be on stages and perform to a career as a financial planner (7:45)
- Creative vs analytical minded and the struggles that come with one vs the other (14:00)
- Virtual vs in person – it’s not the tool, it’s you (20:00)
- Getting past hello, what keeps people from talking to each other and how to know the connection is worth cementing. – (24:00)
- Networking is 90% listening and 10% talking. 10% of talking better be the best damn weaving in of your ideas and why they should help you and talk to you.
- Promoting yourself in a male dominated industry and how to stand out and be genuinely you in business (like financial services) (31:00)
- How Kim takes care of herself and her energy and her commitment to her work (38:00)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.