The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of my others from my DropBox archive.
Stepping Away from Status Quo as an Entrepreneur with Kiana Estevez
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/18029084/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Kiana_Estevez.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”18029084″ /]
It’s scary to step out of the status quo. Choose your hard. – Kiana Estevez
Meet Kiana Estevez
Kiana is an Afro-Latina entrepreneur who is determined to create inclusive and empathetic solutions through food experiences. She created Aisle Mine, a social food movement, empowering people to step outside of their comfort zones, and equalizing cultural differences through community experience.
It’s more than a cooking class, it’s a life skills class which offers the kind of education a human being needs. We help guests reclaim mindfulness into their day, so they can lean towards culture in an accessible way with even more people and perspective at the table.
Kiana is building a new standard as an equitable profit sharing ecosystem for foodie and eaters.
On this episode Stacey & Kiana talk about…
- What she wanted to be when she grew up (3:00)
- Making a career shift due to the pandemic (5:48)
- Stepping away from the status quo and the beliefs holding her back (8:28)
- Dropping old beliefs, learning new ones and calling yourself out on your own stuff (18:10)
- You can only lead as far as you’ve gone (24:00)
- What lead her to start aisle nine/business in a pandemic (27:39)
- Vision & offerings for Aisle Mine (33:00)
- Will she continue to offer programs online when it’s safe to gather again? (35:02)
- The shift from working on the inside promoting someone else’s brand to promoting her own brand (36:45)
- The biggest formality Kiana had to shed in order to get to where she is today (39:30)
- How she takes care of herself and avoids burnout (41:30)
Connect with Kiana Estevez & Aisle Mine
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.