The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of the others from my Google Drive archive.
Starting a Business That Works for You with Katie Corbett
“There will always be people who want to tell you how to run your business.” – Katie Corbett
Meet Katie Corbett – Writer Specializing in Case Studies
Katie Corbett is a writer specializing in customer case studies. She is blind, and has used her disability as a jumping off point to shed many formalities to get to where she is today.
Please include a longer bio (2 to 3 paragraphs) for use in the podcast post (can be fun and show your personality)
Katie Corbett is a writer specializing in customer case studies. She has written for technology companies, coaches of all types, and educational companies.
In her free time, Katie enjoys baking, reading fantasy novels, and going on road trips with her husband. She lives in Wisconsin and thinks that cheese should be its own food group.
- What Katie wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out today (1:10)
- Making the leap from employee to business owner (2:50)
- Challenges/formalities Katie had to overcome in starting her business including people pleasing, boundary setting, experimentation and perfectionism (6:30)
- What keeps people from asking for client/customer testimonials (12:45)
- Questions to ask for a testimonial or case study (14:44)
- Career Change and how Katie created her business writing case studies (18:00)
- Why and how customer case studies work for the long term and Katies advice for people who think they can write the case study on their own. (28:30)
It’s a constant battle to make sure boundaries are set so that I’m not trying to please people who aren’t paying me.” – Katie Corbett
Connect with Stacey
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.