The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of my others from my DropBox archive.
Owning Your Creativity in the Business & Banking World with Julie Beckham
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/18218432/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Julie_Beckham.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”18218432″ /]
The more I’ve tried to fit in and the less I’ve tried to be myself, the less successful I’ve been. – Julie Beckham
Meet Julie Beckham
Not everyone thinks personal finance is a topic to sing and dance about but today’s guest, Julie Beckham, has made a career out of it!
Julie is the Financial Education Officer at Rockland Trust Bank where she creates and implements engaging and entertaining financial education programming for the whole family; from students to seniors.
Her flagship program, Ms. Money & the Coins, is a musical about saving, sharing and spending money and has been performed more than 450 times to over 70,000 elementary school students since 2011.
Her latest project, the No Shame in this Money Game podcast, breaks down personal finance topics in an easy to listen to and learn format for adults.
Don’t back down from who you are. Every unique person brings their value through their passion. – Julie Beckham
On this episode, Stacey & Julie talk about…
- What Julie wanted to be when she grew up and how it plays out today (3:40)
- From acting to banking and how acting plays a big part in her work today (6:44)
- How acting helped Julie stand up straight and speak up for herself (11:45)
- How stifling your creativity doesn’t serve anyone & dealing with rejection when “you are the product” (22:16)
- On overcoming feeling like a fish out of water in corporate setting (27:10)
- Biggest formality Julie had to shed – concept of fitting in (37:10)
- Being OK saying, “I’m lucky and love my work (40:10)
Get in touch with Julie
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.