The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of the others from my Google Drive archive.
Make Legal a Line Item Not a Panic Attack – Girija Patel
Don’t get discouraged because you are different and don’t get discouraged because your idea doesn’t fit the mold that your industry has set out for you.” – Girija Patel
Meet Girija Patel, GBP Law
Girija is a lawyer, a mom, a wife, podcaster, educator, and a business owner in Houston, Texas. Her law practice, GBP Law, specifically focuses on helping creative entrepreneurs and on-line business owners build their business’ legal fundamentals so they can move forward confidently and do what they love! Her goal is to help make legal a line item and not a panic attack.
In 2020, Girija launched Your Contract Buddy (www.yourcontractbuddy.com), an online contract template shop, and also founded her podcast, Law Chat with Girija. From her days of being a prosecutor to now managing her own law practice, Girija’s core value to serve her community remains at the center of all her endeavors.
Connect with Girija
Her podcast: Law Chat with Girija
Her website: GBP Law
Girija on Instagram
Connect with Stacey
- The importance of reaching out to people to get what you want (:45)
- What Girija wanted to be when she grew up and how that plays out today (4:00)
- Moving from formal litigation to more creative law (7:25)
- Starting City Tattler and Girija’ first taste of creativity (21:00)
- Heart AND mind; pausing is a formality most of us need to shed (25:00)
- The importance of standing out to get people to pay attention (32:00)
- What holds creatives back from a legal perspective? (36:30)
- Final thoughts: shift your perspective about law to protect your business and ideas (43:00)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.