The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of my others from my DropBox archive.
002: Darlene Corbett – Get Unstuck
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/9497537/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/df342f/” height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”top” theme=”custom”]
Ready to get unstuck and stop depriving the world of you? That’s what keynote speaker and business coach Darlene Corbett talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Guest:
Keynote Speaker and Business Coach
She believes everyone benefits from discovering their strengths, courage, and capacity for change.
As a practicing therapist, Darlene quickly learned that even the most successful people get stuck. Using tools like visualization and reflective writing, she guides people to get unstuck so they can succeed and thrive.
Darlene holds a dual degree in Psychology and Urban Studies and received her masters’ degree from Boston University. She has been a licensed therapist in Massachusetts for more than 20 years.
Darlene’s book Stop Depriving The World of You was published in November 2018 by Sound Wisdom Press and is available online and in major bookstores.
In this episode Stacey & Darlene talk about…
- What Darlene wanted to be when she grew up (2:00)
- Darlene’s work now as a coach and keynote speaker (6:15)
- Mindset and why it’s so popular (8:50)
- Has Darlene ever gotten stuck? (10:40)
- How “Depriving the World of You” and getting unstuck are related (13:35)
- Why people hide (16:05)
- Moving through fear and getting unstuck (17:55)
- Using Darlene’s D.R.E.A.M. principle to take action (24:00)
- Why Engaging Communication is important (26:40)
- Loneliness and the importance of human connection (31:50)
- Simple ways to get unstuck (33:00)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.