The Shed The Formality Podcast has been retired.
However, you can download this podcast and all of the others from my Google Drive archive.
Episode 56: Cracking the Leadership Code with Alain Hunkins
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/15193463/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ed3e35/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/engagingvoices/Alain_Hunkins_3.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”ed3e35″ libsyn_item_id=”15193463″ /]
Cracking the leadership code and self-promotion. That’s what Alain Hunkins, leadership coach & author of Cracking the Leadership Code, talks about on this episode of Engaging Voices.
This Weeks Engaging Voice:
Author, Cracking the Leadership Code
Leadership Coach & Speaker
Get Alain’s Book
ALAIN HUNKINS, author of CRACKING THE LEADERSHIP CODE: Three Secrets to Building Strong Leaders (Wiley, March 2020) is a sought-after speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach.
Over his twenty-year career, he has led over 2,000 groups in 25 countries. Alain’s clients include Wal-Mart, Pfizer, Citigroup, General Electric, State Farm Insurance, IBM, General Motors, and Microsoft. He has designed and facilitated seminars on numerous leadership topics, including team building, conflict management, communication, peak performance, innovation, engagement, and change.
Alain serves on the faculty of Duke Corporate Education and has published over 400 articles on leadership.
On this episode Stacey and Alain talk about…
- What he wanted to be when he grew up and how that plays out today (1:30)
- Pursuit of happiness & authenticity (4:40)
- On building trust, writing a book and putting yourself out there (9:00)
- Excellence vs perfection (17:00)
- How he came up with the book in a crowded leadership space and his three Cs: Connection, Communication, Collaboration (22:00)
- Importance of communication (29:00)
- Importance of Collaboration (35:00)
- Alain’s final thoughts on “putting yourself out there” (41:00)
- Closing thoughts on importance of connection (48:00)
About the Shed The Formality Podcast
For leaders & entrepreneurs who are great at what they do yet lack skills or confidence to sell their OWN ideas.
Tune in to the archives as Stacey Shipman and her guests share stories and insights on getting out of your own way, promoting your work, networking, leadership, handling adversity and more.
Listen to the archives on the Dropbox folder.